What is a PN diet? First of all, the abbreviation goes for “proper nutrition“. The idea of creating such a diet arose due to the spread of special diets, which slightly restrict or rigidly exclude the use of various foods and call, for example, remove all carbohydrates from the diet, consume only liquids or eat boiled rice without salt for a whole week. Such diets are harmful to health, put the digestive system and the body as a whole in a stressful state and contribute to the rapid return of the dumped kilograms at the end of the food restriction period.
- Does PN help you lose weight?
- Is there any benefit from PN?
- Diet “proper nutrition”: losing weight properly
- Principles of proper nutrition
- Proper nutrition: menu
- Proper nutrition: an example for losing weight for a week
- Diet Adaptation
- How long does a diet last with proper nutrition?
- Medical nutritional restrictions
The diet of proper nutrition, in fact, is designed to provide the body with all the necessary nutrients and trace elements and is based on the principles of proper nutrition. However, just to eat right in the light of the passion for diets is often considered “unfashionable”, and PN (proper nutrition) is presented as “PN-diet for weight loss”.
Does PN help you lose weight?
As a contrary to the passion for junk food, convenience foods, an abundance of sweets proper nutrition principles help return to the basics of the ration laid at the genetic level. A person needs a certain amount of proteins, fats and carbohydrates per day with the same caloric content, which is due to the energy expenditure of each particular organism.
All sorts of nutritional benefits of civilization, rich in fast carbohydrates and fats, supplements that stimulate the appetite, altered eating behavior contribute to a rapid increase in body weight. When following the principles of PN, the system of proper nutrition, excess weight does not accumulate. Though only increasing energy costs – like additional physical load – leads to reducing fat reserves.
It is quite possible to lose weight on PN if the daily ration provides calories to a lesser extent than it is necessary for physiological processes. There are two options: eat properly, observing the daily norms of calories for the body (calculated depending on the ratio of age, height, body weight, sex and activity) and increase physical activity, or reduce caloric intake.
The best results are found in those who, prior to the diet, neglect the proper nutrition and are significantly overweight. The system is based on the replacement of high-calorie foods with low nutritional value of healthy foods and the exclusion of “snacking”. However, PN does not imply a sharp limitation of portions and volumes of food, so you should not get carried away, replacing a harmful hamburger with whole trout.
When following the rules and calculating the caloric content, PN diet helps to reduce weight by an average of 4-6 kg per month, depending on the initial parameters.
Is there any benefit from PN?
Undoubtedly, proper nutrition helps maintain and even restore health. The menu for the week contains products that meet the needs of the body in both nutrients and vitamins and minerals.
The diet can also include foods and dishes that help to meet the increased needs for certain substances, disguised as a desire to eat “harmful” food. Researchers have long proven that craving for certain types of dishes and products does not always mean a lack of trace elements contained in these dishes. For example, the love of carbonated drinks is not evidence of a lack of carbohydrates, but masks the lack of calcium intake from food, and it is necessary to correct it not by Coca-Cola, but by dairy products.
|Desired Product||Body Shortage||Missing Item Products|
|Fatty meals, food, carbonated drinks||Calcium||Dairy products (yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese), legumes, sesame seeds, nuts|
|Wholemeal bread, pastry||Nitrogen||Nuts, beans|
|Chocolate products, cocoa||Magnesium||Cabbage, baked potatoes, seeds, nuts, beans|
|Sweets||Chromium, slow carbohydrates||Fruit, barley (barley porridge), cereal porridge|
|Salt, salty food||Sodium Chloride, Calcium||Sea Kale, Cheese, Cottage Cheese|
Replacing products allows you to saturate the body with essential trace elements and prevent “breakdowns” from the diet.
Diet “proper nutrition”: losing weight properly
As with all diets, popular or medical, there are basic principles. They do not contradict the rules of healthy eating, on the contrary, they are mainly based on them. Some of the principles need to be adjusted in accordance with the characteristics of the body and new research in medicine and nutrition, but this diet allows minor deviations and can be adapted to the needs of a particular person.
Principles of proper nutrition
- Elimination of convenience foods, fast food, carbonated drinks, industrial-made sweets, sausages, canned food, chips, almost all products cooked out of the house and not having the right balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. It is strictly forbidden to eat food with glutamate additives, sugar substitutes or its abundance;
- Salt restriction;
- Daily after sleep, first of all, you should slowly drink 200-300 ml of warm water;
- Meals are steamed, baked, boiled, stewed. Fried food is forbidden;
- The fifth part of the diet consists of fresh fruits and vegetables;
- Almost completely exclude fast carbohydrates, replacing them with products with slow: cereals (not instant), bread (whole grain or wholemeal flour), premium-class pasta, savory vegetables. Berries, fruits and honey – sources of fast carbohydrates – are included in meals in the morning and afternoon;
- The total volume of animal proteins is calculated according to body weight: 1 g of protein should be received daily per 1 kg of weight;
- The volume of liquid (preferably water and herbal tea, unsweetened fruit drinks, compotes) is at least 2 liters per day, with an obligatory glass of warm water 30 minutes before each meal;
- Сarbohydrate meals are consumed in the first half of the day, protein foods – in the second;
- It is recommended to use only polyunsaturated fats: olive, linseed oil, fish (salmon, trout), seeds, nuts, avocados, etc. The total volume is 1/5 of the daily ration;
- Food intake – 4-5 times a day, with a maximum period between meals of 4 hours. The last meal is 3 hours before bedtime. Snacks are possible (no more than 2 times per day, in the number of common meals, for example, 200 g of kefir or unsweetened apple);
- Potato and pasta dishes are not combined with protein;
- Eat at the same time every day, without accompanying activities (watching TV, playing games on the computer, talking on the phone, etc.), chew carefully, slowly: this contributes to better digestion and faster saturation.
Proper nutrition: menu
There is no strict menu in the proper nutrition system. Proper nutrition is a diet that involves full meals with the following principles and the exclusion of harmful products. With proper nutrition, each person selects the main and accompanying dishes that are most suitable in the diet for him and his family members.
Proper nutrition: an example for losing weight for a week
With proper nutrition, the menu for the week for the purpose of losing weight is based on the parameters and characteristics of the person. However, there are budget examples of plans and rations with proper nutrition. So what can you eat?
|Meal / day||First meal||Second meal||Third meal||Intermediate (second breakfast, afternoon snack)|
|Monday||Whole grain bread, cheese, vegetables, green tea||Boiled meat, steamed vegetables (cauliflower, green beans), rosehip decoction||Broccoli, baked with cheese, boiled egg, mint tea||A glass of kefir|
|Tuesday||Sour milk, vegetable salad, apple. Chicory Drink||Vegetable soup (without potatoes), baked meat. Still mineral water||Boiled salmon, brown rice. Unsweetened fruit drinks||Fruit|
|Wednesday||Omelette steamed or baked, greens, orange, tea||Steamed veal meatballs, bean stew, vegetable salad. Fresh fruit juice||Cottage Cheese Casserole, Unsweetened Apple, Vegetable Juice||Kefir|
|Thursday||Vegetable salad, curd cheese toast, tea||Wholemeal pasta, vegetable salad, dried fruit compote||Fish cutlets, steamed broccoli, tea||Apple|
|Friday||Sugar free oatmeal with butter, apple and cinnamon, fruit juice||Pumpkin soup with sesame, baked chicken, vegetable salad, tea||Boiled turkey, stewed carrots, juice||Sour milk, ryazhenka|
|Saturday||Baked potatoes stuffed with cottage cheese and greens, fruit juice||Baked fish with boiled rice, green salad with tomatoes, tea||Cottage cheese (up to 6% fat, 150 g), savory fruit, tea||Apple|
|Sunday||Toast with egg, cheese and tomatoes, greens, juice||Steamed veal, baked potatoes, vegetable salad, tea||Steamed omelet with green beans, savory fruit||Kefir|
Depending on the goals and possibilities of the menu, you can make up by changing the products to the appropriate caloric content and composition, complementing and excluding dishes of individual choice.
How long does a diet last with proper nutrition?
This diet does not imply a time limit. When moving from a chaotic ration to the principles of proper nutrition, it should be remembered that this type of eating behavior is a natural, predominant choice that provides the body and its needs. After a period of attaining the desired body weight, one should not return to the previous style of food, the nutrition system with this diet makes it easy and happy to adhere to its rules throughout life.
Medical nutritional restrictions
A diet that is suitable and is “right” for one and all, does not exist. Different health conditions, diseases, restrictions force us to adhere to different rules and menus. However, in general, this diet is considered the most “healthy” and most adaptable to the requirements of the organism.