Cystitis in women is usually a chronic disease. Frivolous attitude to this disease, self-treatment without consulting a doctor and conducting tests for cystitis can lead to the development of more serious diseases of the female genitourinary system.
Unfortunately, in reality this happens in most cases. Suddenly, the woman begins to feel burning acute pain in the lower abdomen and lower back, discomfort and burning during urination. With cystitis, painful urges to the toilet become frequent, due to which one has to restrict oneself to movement.
However, the woman is in no hurry to see a doctor. After all, getting to the urologist, and even urgent, is not so easy. And when, in addition to this, there are many other more important things – family, career, constant efforts – to set aside a day for going to the doctor becomes an impossible task.
Therefore, a woman needs a reliable answer – which medication is better to take for cystitis, and how easy is it to cope with cystitis? Pharmacies have several drugs for the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the urinary system.
Of course, you need to understand that self-administration of tablets for cystitis is an unsafe exercise. Without consulting a doctor, it is impossible to establish what is the cause of cystitis and what specific form of the disease we are dealing with. Cystitis can be a separate, uncomplicated concomitant cause of the disease. It can also manifest itself as a complex pathology of the organs of the female reproductive system, coupled with an inflammatory process in the kidneys or various infections of the genital and urinary tract.
In chronic cystitis, the subsequent transformation of bladder epithelial cells is highly likely. This process can lead to the formation of benign cysts with a risk of subsequent malignancy, up to the development of bladder cancer.
- E. coli is considered the main cause of infectious cystitis. The provocation of infection of the urinary canal by the bacterium Escherichia coli can be caused by non-observance of sanitary and hygienic rules, the use of linen from non-natural fabrics of such forms as thongs and tanga.
- Quite often, cystitis is caused by some sexually transmitted infections.
- Cystitis can also manifest itself as a reaction to opportunistic microorganisms of the partner’s flora and caused by tissue damage during sexual intercourse (defloration option).
Medicines for cystitis
Back in the not too distant past, cystitis was not considered a pathology of bacterial origin. Therefore, in the treatment of cystitis did not include drugs with antibacterial action. Women treated bladder inflammation with herbal preparations and diet. With a hygiene regime, getting rid of the disease often occurred quickly and without any problems.
Unfortunately, in the modern world, cystitis in the acute phase is rarely cured, allowing the disease to become chronic with infectious complications. In this case, the treatment of cystitis without antibiotic therapy is no longer possible.
It is worth knowing that antibiotics are drugs that always have contraindications and a range of possible side effects. Before you start taking antibiotics from cystitis, it is advisable to spend urine analysis to establish an infectious agent, and also to conduct a study of the resistance of this bacterial strain to various types of antibiotics, as well as sensitivity to them. When granulating the tissues of the bladder and with complicated cystitis, the doctor may prescribe a procedure for instillation of the bladder with active silver preparations, such as, for example, collargol.
After antibiotic treatment, it is necessary to re-pass urine for bacteriological inoculation to control the absence of pathogens.
The following drugs may be recommended for use in infectious cystitis:
- Monural is an antibiotic whose active ingredient is fosfomycin. The drug has an effective antibacterial effect against the majority of infectious agents of the urinary system, so it can be administered without urinalysis. As a rule, monural is produced in the form of granules, but it can also be purchased in the form of a powder or a suspension. The medication is taken once and not used for chronic cystitis, as in this case, the patient needs prolonged therapy.
- Nolitsin is a broad-spectrum antimicrobial agent. This antibiotic is a second-generation fluoroquinolone. Today, preparations based on norfloxacin are considered one of the most effective antibiotics, they are prescribed, as a rule, in cases when the pathogen is resistant to other antibiotics. The drug has many analogues and is produced in the form of tablets.
- Nitroxoline is a derivative of hydroxyquinoline. An antibiotic that is effective against most types of bacteria, as well as Candida type fungi. It is prescribed for various diseases of the urinary system. Form release – pills.
- Palin belongs to the quinolone antibiotics, the active substance is a derivative of pimidine acid. These cystitis tablets can be used to treat both acute and chronic diseases of the urinary tract of infectious origin.
- Furagin is the active ingredient of this antibiotic derived from nitrofuran. A distinctive feature of the drug is a slowly developing resistance to furagin in microorganisms. The treatment lasts 7-10 days, depending on the severity of the disease.
- Non-pyramone is an antiseptic agent based on nalidixic acid. The substance has a pronounced bactericidal effect, is used both in infectious and inflammatory lesions of the kidneys, ureter and bladder.
- Rulid belongs to macrolides. The drug is a broad-spectrum antibiotic, but can also be used in the treatment of cystitis.
- Furadonin is an antimicrobial drug. It is used exclusively in the treatment and prevention of bacterial infections of the urinary system. To achieve a sustainable effect, you must take the drug for at least 7 days.
Herbal medicines are often used to treat cystitis. In uncomplicated cases, with cystitis, non-infectious genesis, not burdened with diseases of the female reproductive system, phytopreparations treatment has a pronounced positive effect. However, most often, herbal medicines are used in combination with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory drugs. The most common herbal remedies are presented in this article.
- Cystone combines the action of aqueous extracts of many medicinal plants. The drug is a diuretic and nephrolithic, helps to gradually reduce the size of stones and reduce inflammation in the urinary tract. Cyston has a bacteriostatic and bactericidal effect, inhibits the proliferation of microorganisms in the urinary channel, enhances the effect of antibiotics. To achieve a pronounced effect requires a long reception.
- Lingonberry leaves contain many useful substances. The positive effect of cowberry shoots and leaves on the urinary system is due to the high content of phenologlycosides. Acceptance of bilberry leaves decoction helps reduce inflammation in the body, has an antiseptic and antibacterial effect. Due to the high content of phytoncides, phytopreparation is active against Staphylococcus aureus. The decoction can be used during pregnancy, (after consultation with the doctor). It is believed that the crushed dry raw materials more efficiently packaged in filter bags.
- Monurel (cranberry extract). Perhaps the most famous natural remedy for cystitis is cranberry juice. For the pronounced antimicrobial effect, cranberries are popularly called natural antibiotics. Cranberries in the form of morse or extract are widely used to prevent recurrence and exacerbation of chronic cystitis. Tannins in high concentration contained in this berry prevent the attachment of microorganisms to the walls of the bladder. Monurel is a highly concentrated cranberry extract, the drug is produced in the form of tablets, a long course of administration is recommended. Attention! Monurel and Monural are not the same. Monurel is a cranberry-based herbal remedy. Monural belongs to broad-spectrum antibiotics.
- Canephron is a medicinal product based on extracts of 4 plants: dog rose, centaury, rosemary and lovage. It is an active diuretic. Canephron actively contributes to the relaxation of smooth muscles, thereby alleviating acute pain in diseases of the urinary system. It also has an antimicrobial effect, multiplies the effectiveness of antibiotics. The drug can be purchased in the form of pills or in solution.
- Phytolysin paste is a diuretic, it is based on extracts of all kinds of medicinal plants. The rich composition provides the drug with anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic effect. Phytolysin activates the process of dissolving mineral salts in the bladder and prevents the formation of stones. The paste is dissolved in a small amount of water. This solution is taken orally. The course of treatment is at least 2 weeks.
An important condition for the effective treatment of diseases of the genitourinary system is the complexity of therapy. It is necessary to combine antibiotic therapy with maintenance and regenerative therapy with phytopreparations. In addition to the two main components in the treatment of cystitis, concomitant medications are also used to symptomatically relieve the patient’s condition.
First of all, this is the use of antispasmodics. At the time of acute pain, it is necessary to use vasodilating medications that have a relaxing effect on smooth muscles. All antispasmodics effectively cope with sharp painful spasms, bringing quick relief and relief from pain.
The list of antispasmodics is extremely broad, for symptomatic relief you can use any drug designed to relieve spasms and pain.
The most popular antispasmodic drugs include:
- Drotaverinum (No-Spa)
Often, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) based on ibuprofen are used in cystitis. This group of drugs in combination with therapy helps to relieve signs of inflammation, which significantly speeds up the healing process. The undoubted advantage of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory is the fact that they have no effect on human consciousness and performance. The use of these drugs gives a quick relief of the physical condition of the patient and allows you to quickly get in shape.
After antibiotic therapy, restorative procedures are needed. In particular, after the treatment of cystitis, it is necessary to restore the microflora of the female genital organs and the gastrointestinal tract. To solve this problem, various probiotic preparations are used. The spectrum of probiotics on the pharmaceutical market is extremely wide. The most popular drugs to restore microflora are Hilak Forte, Atsipol, Bifiform, Linex and others.
It is important to remember that after the treatment, it is necessary to monitor the condition of the urinary system in order to avoid the occurrence of relapses. It is also recommended to consult with a gynecologist and a gastroenterologist, since, often, violations in these systems of the body can trigger inflammatory or infectious cystitis.